View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #133 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
What do you guys think of NOS? I had it on a Maxima years ago, and it was a blast (no pun intended). What I liked about it is that you only used it when you wanted to have a little fun; it wasn't always on the way a supercharger or turbo is. On the down side, getting bottles refilled can be a bit of a pain. I ended up taking the NOS out and putting a supercharger in, and ended up regretting that move. Yeah, it was nice to have boost always available, but it complicated matters and I started to have reliability issues. In fact, it was such a bad experience that it kinda turned me off from doing FI ever again (unless a car comes from the factory FI). I kinda think putting NOS on the 370Z would be fun though.
I think for some it makes sense. It's an cheap and easy way to make extra horsepower for a straight line run at the drag strip or what have you.

For the track junkies it isn't an option to even have in the car as it is typically banned. I guess you could have the setup and remove the bottle for track days but it's just another complication to getting the car ready for the track.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote