View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
TrackRat
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z MB M6
TrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond repute

Well I wasn't able to do the indepth test that I had hoped as I spent most of my time focusing on short shifting to avoid the drop in power everytime I hit 6k RPM because I'm not running an oil cooler yet!

That being said, the car really performed well with the unit installed. Very easy to modulate throttle mid corner / at apex although I would suspect that if you aren't smooth with your pedal inputs you could definitely get yourself into some exciting (sideways) situations.

With respect to the question on blipping the throttle while in neutral, I think the delay is definitely improved although it seems like the improvements are most noticable when you're rolling along. Throttle response still isn't perfect, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be driving the car in any mode but 'race' from here on out. Really is nice when you're crusing along and want to punch it to pass...
www.bloodsweatandbrokengears.com
TrackRat is offline   Reply With Quote