View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Sakred
Base Member

Drives: Zenogear The Beast
Sakred is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sakred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch View Post
So last Friday I took my Z to the drag strip for the first time. I honestly wasn't impressed with my results. Granted it was 87º that night and the track wasn't prepared very well, not to mention the elevation of the track is 1,200 ft above sea level, but I figured I'd still do a bit better, considering I have intakes and HFCs. My best run of the night was 13.821@103.2 with a 2.171 60' time. I couldn't get traction to save my life, and when I did, the car bogged down. I guess it shows that I have some learning to do on how to launch it.

Apparently there was someone recording some of my runs, because today I got a message from my friend saying that my Z was on streetfire.net. Sure enough - here it is:

New Nissan 370Z drag racing at Firebired Raceway- Video

Note that my 13.8 times were not recorded in that video.

even though you may have a bad launch the trap speed should be indicative of the cars power to weight. there are only a few reasons why your trap would be so low.

1) conditional. Weather, elevation etc
2) driver inexperience (which i think is the culprit here). The time its taking you to shift gears can be improved greatly. you can easily knock .1-.2 secs off of your shifts which will translate into better ET's and a better trap. Practice makes perfect.

Hammad
Sakred is offline   Reply With Quote