View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chris_1
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Roadster
Chris_1 has a spectacular aura aboutChris_1 has a spectacular aura aboutChris_1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFZ View Post
OK that is really hard to read.
But ok
Of course any company has a margin for defects. Any company would try to keep their margin of error as small as possible. Your one word answer is really hard to understand what is a reasonable generalization. That is not why i brought up this comment though. I believe I made my point fairly clear.

Even though I am not that big of a fan of KW ok we can use your KW example. The reason why they are a good benchmark is because they are a company that does a good amount of R&D per application. They don't just mass produce shocks and fit on different top mounts and bottom brackets to make the shocks fit a certain application. Which I have a good feeling your company does.

And your little theory about stiff suspension and what not is very unclear. I can almost say its wrong. They are not valved softer in any way. In fact they are just as stiff as any perfomance coilovers. The main reason they would feel more compliant than most other coilovers is because they have a different high speed valving than most other coilovers.

In fact it would almost be physically impossible for your coilovers to achieve considering it is a monotube setup unless you want to deal with cavitation (which is worse). Monotube coilovers are under much higher pressures and therefore cannot be set anywhere near as low of a high speed bump than a twin tube would be. THis is the reason why KW coilovers are all twintube. (and this is also the reason why I am not a fan)

Now their low speed bump setup is just as or even higher than what is available in most markets right now. Also KW is against changing out spring rates because they believe all of this can be done with valving. They are one of few companies that I know of that can revalve a twin tube units considering twintubes are normally cartidge units. In other words unless your coilovers were twin tube in which the first post you posted already says its a 50mm piston mono. Then there is no way you going to get anywhere near the compliance of KW. Which is your benchmark correct?

2 years ago when people said stiffer was better was obviously people that have no clue about suspension, the theory has never changed. Being stiff to normal drivers is probably the simplest thing they can feel on the streets (no body roll). In basic simplest suspension tuning stiffness of suspension to the tires are reliant on the stickiness of tires that you would run on your vehicle, . Now yes too stiff of suspension can totally outdo your tires. Now the reason why I say to the tires is because obviously stiffness of suspension can relate to a ton of different things. For example a heavier car would need stiffer spring rates. Also a double wishbone would need stiffer spring rates than Macpherson. That would not be considered stiffer suspension to the tires. (again there is obviously a lot more to it than stickiness of tires, it's the basic suspension tuning for beginners)

I suggest you learn a bit more about suspension before you promote your product. And get your sales pitch to make more sense.
It just makes your company look bad.
No offense, but being an owner of a business like you say, ESPECIALLY with importing exporting, you deserved a chance when you first started getting your name out right????? People may have questioned you, and you may have not known everything about the business but you were their to give a good product and start RIGHT????

Seriously, I am not even the owner of wheels direct, but I can tell you that you sir need to learn to respect. THey didnt come on here and say, "WE HAVE THE BEST PRODUCT EVER, AND EVERYONE ELSE IS JUNK". They are simply bringing the product and giving info. Everyone deserves a chance, and you coming on here judging a product that YOU truly do not know a single thing about the parts they use, or the quality of construction is just crazy to me.

Let them get their product out their to someone on here and they can test them if they want, or maybe no one will, but dont judge unless you are the guy assembling these coilovers. Just my 2 cents.
Chris_1 is offline   Reply With Quote