View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Sticky: (Official) 370Z Clutch Pressure (CSC) Failures

View Owner List
Click on the image below to view the spreadsheet of car owners with CSC failures. If you wish to be added to the list, please message the volunteers below.

Users with write-access to the spreadsheet. If you would like to contribute, please contact the current owner of the file:
File Complaint
Click on the image below to file a complaint with the NHTSA

Social Media Exposure

Let's sticky a thread that lists owners who experience loss of clutch pressure with the pedal sticking to the floor. Please include the last 6 digits of the VIN, since Nissan support requested this number when calling for support. Hopefully we can gather some failure stats.
  • VIN: 406164
  • Purchase Date: 04/17/2009
  • Occurrence Date: 09/14/2010
  • Occurrence Mileage: 16,158
  • Clutch Type: OEM
Summary:
Getting ready to leave work, warmed up the car, pulled around the corner of the parking lot, and the pedal sunk to the floor when attempting to engage 3rd. The morning commute was normal, and there has been no real complications other than random shudder when going into 1st. The more I press it, the further it sunk without returning. A twitch of the foot would kill the engine. Clutch is stock. I never dumped it, burned out, etc. Only a few spirited driving once in awhile.

Conclusion:
[09/15] CONFIRMED CSC FAILURE, and a new part will be overnighted. The failed part must be returned to Nissan, but I asked the service advisor if I could examine the CSC and take some photos to benefit the community in regards to what's causing the failure.

[09/16] Car is still at the shop. The tech spent the entire day removing the transmission. Hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow afternoon. On a side note, I requested them to check out the brake switch and re-align it to resolve part of my throttle delay issues.

[09/17] Got the car back. The tech said something about fluid leaking out of the CSC. From looking at it first hand, it looks like it is leaking from the inside indicating o-ring failure. He said the last car he worked on had the same symptoms, but it was the master cylinder that failed. He was surprised about the condition of my clutch (clean) because he wonder if I ever drive the car hard. The car seems to drive a bit better, softer engagement, less play, and so far no signs of judder.

Part Number: 306A1-JK40D

[EDIT] Found a term for the random "shudder." It's called clutch judder:
WikiAnswers - What makes a clutch judder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0086 - Copy.jpg (114.2 KB, 816 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (141.3 KB, 698 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (158.0 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (153.5 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (159.6 KB, 762 views)

Last edited by DIGItonium; 01-06-2017 at 04:09 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote