View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough
Default Rant about our cars...

So we all read reviews (I assume), we all think about things we want to improve and mods we want to make, and, being the good little consumers that we are, we all exercise our critical eyes, ears, and thoughts toward every car out there.

Still, though, driving this car, I have to say that I think Nissan put together something special. I love the view out over the hood. I love that the cutlines on the roof match the ones on the hood. I love the Veyron fenders (even if the wheels should have been fleshed out a bit). I love the fact that the car has enough luxury to impress my wife, but enough raw, mechanical energy to give me a big grin. The exhaust snarl up high is just icing.

And I love the fact that it sings and is not just another V8 (can't wait to get exhaust, HFCs, and intake). I love the fact that those intake and exhaust mods will add so much power when I'm just getting used to what I have.

I dig the fit of the interior - I like the size of the hatchback (just enough room for a long weekend with the woman, as it should be). The car is low enough, but not so low that its nose is already trashed. I like the short overhangs, the tight proportions...

...and the handling is dead on. For a car that weighs this much, the damping is great, the absorption of bumps is good without being disconnected.

I know the car isn't perfect - I read car mags all the time and I can nitpick with the best of them. But I drove a friend's Z06 for a bit and it didn't suit me like this car does. I just think this is my personal favorite car under about $90K, and I'm stoked that I got it.

There are already numerous threads about the missing oil cooler and the BLOSE stereo, but really - what is it that you loved about the 370 the last time you drove it?
imag is offline   Reply With Quote