View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
I Run L.A.
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Mag Blk
I Run L.A. is a jewel in the roughI Run L.A. is a jewel in the roughI Run L.A. is a jewel in the rough

You think they can try to void warranty because the car has bolt on mods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Ouch...yes indeed that is a lot of oil consumption. I would def get it into the dealer and at least have it reported on a service order that "customer states engine is consuming excessive amount of oil between oil changes". It's important to get documented on your file even if they do not have a TSB yet for the 370Z. It MAY help if you ever have to Lemon Law the car, although I believe Cali Law is 18k miles to have the issue reported to manufacture. Either way they would pro rate the mileage on the car if it ever comes down to a buy back.

I would also ask the dealer to start an oil consumption test on the car and if they look at you funny....then run fast to another dealer. You should be checking your oil weekly and when it’s cold (sat over night). The dipstick High / Low hash marks are 24mm between the high mark (hole) and the low mark (hole). And the mm between the high and low marks is 24mm which equals to 1 quart.

If this issue starts to raise its ugly head on the 370Z then a new thread should be opened, because it will get long. Just look at my350z thread, it's at 219 pages. RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion - MY350Z.COM Forums