View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wheel Balancing Weights

I had my rear tires replaced a few weeks ago and just noticed while cleaning the wheels that there were only 2 balancing weights on one wheel and none on the other.

Is it possible that the weights were not neccessary? that after mounting the tire, it was perfectly balanced? It's kind of hard to tell just from driving because its the back wheels. Would you feel vibration in the steering wheel if its the back wheels? With the roads in NY, its hard to tell if its the road or the tires. Basically, I'm not sure if this is normal, or if the tire shop just did a crappy job of balancing.

Should I spend the money to have it re-balanced? I would go back to where I had it installed, but I had an argument with the guy for scratching up my wheels and would rather not go back.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote