View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #53 (permalink)
tsolin01
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
tsolin01 will become famous soon enoughtsolin01 will become famous soon enough

I know this wasn't a popular mod but I'm actually thinking of adding a carputer system with my existing Nav. Although I have no problems with an ipad, I would like to be able to add stuff like ODB-II support and custom front ends.

The proclip mount looks like the only viable place to add another screen since I have the Navi already.

RedNismo, now that you've had it on there for a few months, how is the mount holding up? Any problems or annoyances with it being there?

My current thoughts are to add a touchscreen to that location with the proclip mount and place the system under the passenger seat or behind driver's seat. The main issue for me is being able to remove that touchscreen monitor when I need to, which I think proclip has some solutions for that.

Another option for me would be to use an "ipad" like tablet that runs a real OS. There's a new one coming out called ExoPC but it's bigger than the ipad. Pros for that would be portability and I can use it outside of the car.

I'm a car enthusiast and a PC enthusiast so this will kind of bring those interests together lol