View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takimbe View Post
I have a base, so I had to buy an aftermarket HU to get the feature, BUT i have tried it in my friend's Z, which is a fully loaded touring, and the iphone syncs up with the Z just fine. the only gripe is that like everyone above has said, there is no way to get the address book on the screen of the HU.

and yes, battery life does suck with the iphone. with 3G and BT enabled, i can literally see the battery bar drain to nothingness right before my eyes.
As for the battery life. If you simply reduce screen brightness from default 50% to closer to 25-30% (you won't see a difference, unless you're holding two phones next to each other), your bat life will increase dramatically.

I am a very heavy iphone user. Everything, 3G, Wifi, BT, is always on. Email is checking every 15min. I use it as a phone, and as an iPod in my car and pretty much everywhere else. I sit online on it, pretty much every free moment of my life. i know.

By the end of the day, my battery is usually only 25% depleted, at worse it's in the 40-50% range. I do not have a car charger, and I only charge at night, every night.
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote