View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Unclemeaty
Base Member

Drives: 150cc Scooter
Unclemeaty is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel buttons - Getting the Axxess ASWC working - All buttons

Can this get a sticky please?

I finally got my Axxess ASWC module to work on my 2009 Base / Sport 6sp. All steering wheel buttons operate my head unit. With Auto-Programming I only getting the vol+ and vol- working, and nothing with the other buttons. The problem wasnt with the pioneer, but with the Axxess's inability to grab control of all the steering wheel wires/buttons. With some TLC and carful monitoring, I found on my car that auto-programming (volume + button) as instructed did not allow the Axxess to find one vehicle wires connected. What happens here is one of the two steering wheel wires is for the Volume controls, and the other wire is for seek and source buttons. I noticed this through monitoring the LED flashes after programming.

To get past this and get the Axxess fully working with my 370z, I had to manually assign each button; one at a time. I did not have to use resistors or anything, just carefull reading of about 20 steps.

First, you must wire the Axxess ASWC per instructions for Nissan 370z. Here are the 370z's instructions:

http://documents.victorytechnologies...icle/10973.pdf

Second, re-program all the wheel buttong manually following instructions starting on Page 8 where it says "*If the ASWC has been in a vehicle before"
through Page 10 of this pdf:

*Note - You need access to the unit's reset button to manually program.
http://www.axxessinterface.com/pdf/I...Web_number.pdf

That did it for me!!

370z wiring reference:
Resistance Type Control System YES
Reference Ground Wire Color LIGHT GREEN
Reference Ground Polarity (-)
Reference Ground Location RADIO HARNESS
Reference Ground Pin # 15
Control Wire 1 Wire Color PINK
Control Wire 1 Polarity (-)
Control Wire 1 Location RADIO HARNESS
Control Wire 1 Pin # 6
Control Wire 2 Wire Color BLUE
Control Wire 2 Polarity (-)
Control Wire 2 Location RADIO HARNESS
Control Wire 2 Pin # 16

Much thanks goes to Metra for their emailings (Useless) and members on this forum for being a bit more helpfull.

Last edited by Unclemeaty; 09-12-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Unclemeaty is offline   Reply With Quote