View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Dude, your an individual, and as a whole, I would hope that there are people like you with 350's I used to own a G35. I was an enthusiast of the G35 then and NOW even though I'm on the next G... truth is though, on a general level, the culture has changed and the values are different. Nissan has been most affected due to the amount of press its gotten in the last 7 years.
I know when I lived in NY, workin in mahattan. Those yuppies were ball lickin, bimmers all day n didn't even know what they owned. They just saw its shell and BMW self professed motto of "the ultimate driving machine". When the G came out, then they wanted a infiniti, not knowing it was just a glorified Nissan skyline. 50% of buyers go into infiniti dealerships not knowing its part of nissan. If you don't know this you are chasing status and not a cars history of performance.
I don't look in any mirror and hate on any car. But truth be told. The new enthusiast in general takes the fun out of being an enthusiast. I blame it on over involved media first. Then I blame it on consumer ingnorance.people are just not renting and test driving various cars and finding out the truh. They look at distorted media hype, and make brainwash purchases.
I also own a 3.5 altima. You should see how many people are shocked when I take a group out in my car n I'm driving on the highway. People look at altimas and think. Oh, family sedan. Then you drive one or ride one n u think, damn, its a sports sedan. The media never sells the altima as a good sports sedan. But if you never gotten in one and beat it up, you'd never know? My altima is capable of taking 48mph, 90 degree turns with me driving it. The few times I tried it, I blow myself away. Try that in a honda accord? It ain't happening without borrowing a second lane on the approaching street.
So I'm just generally sayin. Learn how to drive. Get those true skills in a regular car. Then enhance those skills on a track first before getting in a car u r scared to drive if 20 computer programs aren't running to keep you safe... Learn how to drive cars with and without saftey programs, cuz at the end of the day, having those skills will save your life. Also having those skills at the end of the day builds you into being a better enthusiast instead of being a one sided fan boy. When driving sports cars. You will have a more objective outlook of its true performance by enhancing those skills.
And lastly, don't hate or look down on the next man. No matter what car u own. But truth is, the generalization is woefully true. And it sux.

I agree...except the part about the accord...it's also a damn capable car.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote