View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
rreign
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 03 Evo 8
rreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond repute

I am no professional here, but I do know my sh**. You can read some of my other threads/posts if you want. Also you can check with Jeff on here as well. This is my thoughts and suggestions...

1) Yes, you would notice a significant difference in SQ (sound quality) and SPL (sound pressure level or dB) However, you don't need the amp. You will have 4x 2way components plus the OEM tweeters. That is a lot of highs. Almost would be too overpowering without a sub. Your 6.5"s are rated for 6 - 55W RMS and your 3.5"s are rated for 4 - 35W RMS. With your new H/U you are right on the inbetween of the max RMS anyway.

2) Like I mentioned above, all of your speakers fall right around the middle of their peek RMS. Also they are all 4Ohm speakers. Your H/U is 4ohm as well. I don't foresee any problems running this system from your H/U alone.

3) I have done a lot of research on how, where guys are running their amps. The easiest and most efficient way that I have found is to remove the foam piece that's under the rear support bar and use the open space that will be provided there. You can run your speaker wires directly from your wiring harness, through the center console all the way back to your amp. No wires will ever be seen. Jeff always runs the power wire through the fire wall near the battery. He has to drill a hole through the firewall and put a rubber grommet in the drilled hole, then run the power wire through that. Then run the power wire along the passenger side of the car to the amp.

I am sure other's will chime in with any tips and tricks. Hope you can get it all figured out. Jeff is a great source of info being that he has already done a couple of installs already.
rreign is offline   Reply With Quote