View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #1733 (permalink)
biggersNISMO
Base Member

Drives: Z
biggersNISMO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC370Z View Post
Maybe so, but then why is LateralG'z car producing almost the exact numbers on the same dyno as my car when I have Stillen's tune and his was custom tuned? Also, isn't GTM looking for CARB certification?

It may actually be a culimination of the two, which I believe is the case. As I said earlier I think it also comes down to "the dyno" used, it's setup, the car's setup, how it is strapped to the dyno, etc. Everyone's numbers seem to be all over the place. And since most tunes were accomplished using Uprev which if I understand correctly does not allow you to change very many parameters, compared to say SCT for Ford, then the numbers should be close. I've seen this exact thing on Mustang forums when I supercharged my '01, there were people with Vortech's kit that were getting very different numbers.

Might I also point out that most of the results I have seen on this forum have come from Stillen's kit. How many people on here have the GTM kit to compare their results to Shumby? I am curious to know how consistant the numbers will be with the GTM kit as people from all over the place are using different dyno's and GTM's canned tune vs. custom.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all pans out over time. Myself, I'm going to keep tracking and comparing dyno graphs as people post them and look for the consistencies or inconsistencies of canned and custom tunes.
UpRev allows you to do almost everything.

Up to 5 Maps on cruise control equipped vehiclesIdle RPMSpeed LimiterElectronic Throttle Control to achieve Wide Open Throttle at all speeds.Rev LimiterDTC disableAFR TargetsFuel CompensationIgnition Timing AdvanceCam Phasing for equipped vehicles.MAF transfer functionCranking Enrichment and Ignition AdvanceInjector LatencyK Fuel MultiplierIntake TempCalculated Load vs. RPMMinimum Effective Injector Pulse Width

UpRev is NOT a limiting factor... You can do everything with it on the VQ platform.

My 2 cents bro.

History is repeating itself with Stillen again.
Everyone ditched them in the 350z community for tuning reasons as well.
Look at all of the my 350 z forum stories on them.

I've benefited from Stillens Headers, Intakes, and HFC's.... But when it comes down to their FI options, the research shows to stay away.