View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
If you are getting all those other mods you will need a custom tune anyway, so don't worry.
FALSE

I know for a fact that SAM can tune his car with all those mods with out ever seeing the car. I know he can do it because he did it with my TT kit. Now I know there different but Sam is that good of a tuner. Run a couple log files with some pulls through out the power band and then you send it to him he looks it over and if there is something with the tune where he can adjust the parameters he does it and emails you back the new one. That simple. Also my car is performing just as good as the ones that roll off his dyno after he tunes them.

Now this might be true for stillen since it appears that they can't get there canned tune to work. My point is why would I buy there kit to have to pay someone else to tune the car. Considering the the price of the kit is to include the tune. I would never pay for the same thing twice.

Like I said I have no problems with stillen but I just don't like how people have not been able to drive there car for a while now, and when they do get to there not getting the numbers they felt they deserved. In other words they paid 6000 usd to have there car sit in the drive way. If people want to waste there money just give it to me and the keys to your car and I'll give them back to you in 7-10 weeks =). Stillen could have prevented alot of issues by just refunding some money to there people and setting them up with other shops to get a customer tune, Mean while holding all sales on any future kits till they got the tune issue resolved. They could have focused on it better and been more relaxed about it, instead of answering 20 phone calls a day asking if they made any results because my car is still sitting in the driveway/garage waiting on you. That is my opinion obviously.

Last edited by AK370Z; 09-13-2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: ak
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote