View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

Carrera S even leaves the e92 m3 in the dust. I've driven both and they are in different leagues. The new carrera s I believe has 380hp and with the pdk, it's domination. The way it drives cannot really be explained in words. I've never felt such a direct connection with the road and you can literally feel all the machinery working together to produce that experience, but not in a harsh, punishing way. There is a reason why porsches are regarded so highly. In the beginning, i felt they were just overrated overpriced sporty cars, but you really don't know until you drive one. As far as the acceleration goes, i think their engines are much much more efficient, underrated as shown via dyno charts, the car weighs less, rear engine, etc. There is a best motoring video floating around where the nismo 370z ran against cayman, cayman s, carrera, carrera s, etc. and obviously the nismo came in last and for a good reason.