View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #4795 (permalink)
red6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Z Coupe M6 SPT
red6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
Red6spd, sounds awesome. Can't wait for the videos.

Did you raise both the front an rear of the car? I'm planning ramps in the rear, and the sandwiched 2X4 (I'll use 2x12's) method others have used for the front. Sould like enough clearance?

Well for off I got a big belly that does not help so I needed a little bit more room lol. I put the rear up on the ramps but there was not enough room to get to the 4 bolts that bolt the CBE to the stock cats. So after putting the back on ramps I raised the front onto jack stands so that the car was level. It made life alot eaiser. I dont know what kind of tools your using but I used basic hand tools and the stock bolts where torque down to like 604986093586095860938609386 LBFT. I had to use a hammmer on the wrench to break the bolts loose. I took my stock exhaust off before the new one came, good thing cause it took me about 2 hours to get the stock exhaust off.