View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #1726 (permalink)
OKC370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Grey
OKC370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZ View Post
OKC, although you bring up a good point, RCZ's success with this kit leads me to believe that the issue with this kit is solely in the tune and Stillen's mission to remain CARB legal.
Maybe so, but then why is LateralG'z car producing almost the exact numbers on the same dyno as my car when I have Stillen's tune and his was custom tuned? Also, isn't GTM looking for CARB certification?

It may actually be a culimination of the two, which I believe is the case. As I said earlier I think it also comes down to "the dyno" used, it's setup, the car's setup, how it is strapped to the dyno, etc. Everyone's numbers seem to be all over the place. And since most tunes were accomplished using Uprev which if I understand correctly does not allow you to change very many parameters, compared to say SCT for Ford, then the numbers should be close. I've seen this exact thing on Mustang forums when I supercharged my '01, there were people with Vortech's kit that were getting very different numbers.

Might I also point out that most of the results I have seen on this forum have come from Stillen's kit. How many people on here have the GTM kit to compare their results to Shumby? I am curious to know how consistant the numbers will be with the GTM kit as people from all over the place are using different dyno's and GTM's canned tune vs. custom.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all pans out over time. Myself, I'm going to keep tracking and comparing dyno graphs as people post them and look for the consistencies or inconsistencies of canned and custom tunes.

Last edited by OKC370Z; 09-11-2010 at 06:20 AM.
OKC370Z is offline   Reply With Quote