Thread: Laser Jammer
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
>135I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 Cobra
>135I will become famous soon enough>135I will become famous soon enough

Just a couple but no jammers.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by jingling a set of keys.
BUSTED
The keys had no effect at all.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by dangling a disco ball from the rear-view mirror.
BUSTED
The disco ball had no effect at all. It is also illegal to have anything large and obstructive hanging off the rear-view mirror.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by dangling CDs from the rear-view mirror.
BUSTED
The CDs had no effect at all, and are also illegal.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by covering the hubcaps in tin foil.
BUSTED
The tin foil did not have any noticeable effect.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by covering the entire car in tin foil.
BUSTED
The tin foil acted as a massive reflector and actually enhanced the detection ability of the radar.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by jamming the lidar by lining the front license plate with light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
BUSTED
The LEDs were not strong enough to interfere with the lidar.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by jamming the lidar by covering the entire car with LEDs.
NOT TESTED
While the idea did come up in the brainstorming phase it was simply too impractical to test on the full-scale car.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by jamming the radar by bouncing microwaves at it.
BUSTED
Kari’s magnetron failed to jam the police radar.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by shooting scraps of tin foil behind the car as chaff.
BUSTED
There were just too many rogue variables to get the system to work properly, especially wind. The car was still detectable and the chaff did nothing to disrupt the radar. This solution would also likely result in a much stiffer penalty for littering.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by spinning a wheel of mirrors on top of the car slower than the actual speed of your car.
PARTLY BUSTED
Tory’s "Wheel of Death" actually tricked the radar into thinking the car was going one or two miles per hour slower, but not enough to help. The device itself was highly impractical. Unlike the rear-view mirror attachments, the roof mounted device was actually not illegal.

It is possible to legally beat the police speed radar and/or lidar by painting the car matte-black to absorb the radar and light beams.
BUSTED
The all black paint did nothing to reduce the detectability of the car.