Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #243 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I wonder if the G37 community still has or still has similar issues. All I remember was the complaint about not using the ester oil causing throttle response problems with VVEL.

Although VVEL is neat-o and keeps the torque band flat I wouldn't mind switching to the VQ38HR from the 380RS. I never had throttle response issues with the 350Z other than the transmission killing the fun. Nowadays when I'm in the passenger seat of a 350Z, I'm usually pinned to the seat at low revs... something I miss
Can't a good tune add some low end torque to the car's power band? I was under the impression that there is a bit of headroom to make some more torque down low which would be a great asset as the VQ37 is a bit gutless down low.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote