View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Waggy
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Base - Blk
Waggy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Waggy
Default Homelink install questions - warranty

Hey. I just recently purchased a homelink mirror and I was wondering if i installed it, if it would void my factory warranty?

Well anywho, I attempted to install the mirror today and i got it all hook up and such.But I got scared about my warranty so I took it out. Now, when I open my car door the window lowers about an inch and does not go back up when I shut the door like it use to? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Since my car is under the warranty, if I was to take it to the dealership would they say something about my mirror if it was installed???

And would the dealership fix this problem for me if my car was indeed under warranty?

I also want to hardwire in my V1 once I get this mirror installed. I am going to get the invisible cord and I have heard with the auto-dimmer feature of this mirror you have to wire the mirror to the cig lighter during the installed. Well since I want to use the mirror to power my v1. Which cord would I connect my mirror cords to during the install down by the fuse box? I am new to this stuff. So with the mirror I have a solid black cord, a ground, and a black cord with a white stripe.

Thanks again in advance for all the help. If I get my question answered I will do a DIY on the install to the cig lighter in case people want to hard wire their radars.
-Dax

Last edited by Waggy; 09-09-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Edit: added more information
Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote