View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
ejrives
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09-6MT-T/S/N
ejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to ejrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENT-Z View Post
Hey there!! I just bought my black/persimmon/6MT/Touring/Sports/Nav from what appears to be the same dealer as you based on your car pic -- Bommarito.

I want to take that sticker off mine, btw. Let me know if you do it and how hard it was.
Excellent! I bet it's the one I saw in the showroom last week next to the white GT-R. Kinda wish I would have waited for the persimmon after I saw it. Congrats!

Yes, I took that ugly sticker off yesterday. I used a craftsman heat gun on LOW heat about 6-10 inches away from the paint and waited for the sticker and glue to dry up and curl ; it took about 15 minutes. There was a little residual sticker that came off with no problem with a cotton ball and some xylene. Use gloves if handling xylene and Yes it is safe for car paint/clear coats and tar removal type things too.. You can pick it up at most any paint store.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Stillen G3 CAI || 35% tints || FI CBE coming soon...
ejrives is offline   Reply With Quote