View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #166 (permalink)
mattjk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z K51 09 Elise
mattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGT View Post
another update from last night - a small nut fell into one of the ports while removing the protective tape. That was truly an 'oh ****' moment. Luckily the valve was fully closed and I had a long enough magnet to retrieve it! Besides that, the IM is bolted back on and we're almost there now! Images of those demon bolts and things to watch out for around 5-6 pm tonight.

UPDATED VIDEO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFErXYsduY
oh man, you're so lucky!

I was changing the valve stem seals on my 1jz supra, and one of the valve stem retainers fell down into an oil galley!!! I heard it drop down into the oil pan! Just like you, I was able to drop a telescoping magnet from the head all the way down into the oil pan and get it out.
mattjk is offline   Reply With Quote