Thread: Orange peel
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I do not have this problem, but for those who do, it may indicate that your car suffered some minor body damage prior to delivery. I have a friend who used to do minor body repair and dent removal for a local dealership. About 50% of his work was repairing bumpers whenever a car accidentally hit something while it was being moved around (by salesmen, service techs, whoever). Have you ever looked at how tightly packed cars are on many dealer lots and wonder how they move so many cars around without nicking them? Well, they don't. Let me put it this way -- it happened often enough that my buddy was employed full time. Anyway, my point is that if you notice some imperfection in your paint, especially on the bumper, it's possible that it was scratched or bumped into by another car at the dealership (or even at the dock), and was repaired before you took possession. That's why I walk around and closely examine a vehicle from multiple angles before I'll accept it.
Semtex is right—this is the reason you are seeing the orange peel that you do on some of the Zs.