View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
mspeasl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Red M6 Sport/Touring
mspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down GREEN cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
Here are the gas mileage numbers people have posted for the Prius:

Real-world Toyota Prius gas mileage

Non-members see only five results per powertrain. I logged in and filtered results for "ultra-light foot." Looks like about 52 MPG if you're easy on the gas, though radical hypermiling techniques might bump this to the 70 you mention.

Ran the same filter for the Z--only two results with an "ultra-light foot" for all model years, both for a 2003. One 100% highway tank good for 33.3, one suburban tank that yielded 24.5. So it seems that very few Z drivers are keeping their foot out of the throttle.
All of the above mileage is great if you live in a warm weather area........ As a past owner of an 09 Toyota Camery Hybrid I was very disappointed with the mileage. Toyota told me what this car would get in mileage. Wow I thought..... Last year when winter came to the Midwest the mileage dropped dramatically from what it had been........... I didn't know what happened so I went to my dealer for some answers!!! With a chuckle my service advisor informed me that they all do it when winter comes.... To say I was a little pissed is an understatement. So the GREEN cars are not as green as they are made out to be...............