View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
ct63084
Base Member

Drives: 2004 MAZDA3
ct63084 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35guy84 View Post
^^Amen! And thanks everyone for the good wishes.

Since I don't have a lot of extra cash to spare, what mods do you guys think would be the best (balancing economics and hp gains)? I want to get a set of 3 gauges, but I don't want to spend $1K for the setup. And since I've never had a turbocharged car before, I don't know if it's worth it or not to spend money on such mods as boost controller/fuel injectors/intercooler/waste gate. Can anyone help me out?
For 1k since you already have the turboback and intake. Get 1000cc injectors, fuel pump and convert to e-85 (if you have access) with a custom tune it should run you to 1k and I know a couple of people running 370 awhp on e-85 stock turbo. You don't need a boost controller the stock one is good enough you could try to get a 3 port but it all depends on your tuner. As far as the intercooler goes the only piece that give you gains is the UICP. Unless you track your car or getting a aftermarket turbo you don't really need to change your stock ones with the exception of your UICP.

Rule of thumb whenever you modify a FI car the first thing you should get is a wideband and a boostgauge, then you can start from there. You can try zeitronix. I myself run a AEM wideband and my cobb ap for my bostgauge and to datalog. If you really want to learn more about your car visit evoxforums and if your interested on converting to e-85 visit E-85 Army - Evo Empire Forum

If you want to have an idea how much power you can make with what mods visit this Evo 10 - Gst Motorsports Tunes - Evo Empire Forum Bryan is kind enough to post his dyno graph with modifications listed.

Like I said make sure you have a blue and green Fuel Pump relay a couple of people has already blown their motors because of a 5 dollar relay.
ct63084 is offline   Reply With Quote