View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #1651 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slynky View Post
This is some good info and I completely relate to what you've written. Just as a side comment, "base model Corvette fast"?

2010 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Guide Automotive

Reports 430 (436) HP for 2010 base model Corvette.

I'm sure you can find differing reports on the WHP on the base model but one place I read put it around 380.

And, considering your posts, you don't need me to tell you the dyno makes a difference (showing a dyno itself doesn't mean much unless you know which dyno it was and had a comparison chart to place it againt other dynos). I wouldn't pretend you hadn't thought of that.

Anyway, good post, man ! +1
I think the 430 is crank hp and the 380 is probably wheel HP. The base vette is 430 crank HP, as is the GS vette. The Z06 is over 500 and the SC ZR1 is over 600. So a base vette fast is still kinda nice. But with an aftermarket SC it would be nice to have the power lower in the rpms and as I like the low end feel of power, like from a stop or when stepping on it while crusing at a moderate speed.