View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Joseph B
Base Member

Drives: '10 Nismo 370Z
Joseph B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeakris7 View Post
I currently am shopping the future market for a sports car and want to get NISMO owners opinions. I currently am the original owner of a 2001 Prelude and now that I'm 30 want to invest in a real sports car. Don't get me wrong I love my lude but I am yearning for some RWD or lets just say non-FWD lol. Prior to the lude I had a 1990 240sx (S13) coupe (non hatchback) so naturally I always wanted the 300z but as a teen it was too expensive. Now that I've got some finances I want the Fairlady. I think this new 370 is gorgeous! My question is this, a fully loaded "Touring w Sport" roughly comes out to the same MSRP as the NISMO est 40k. After seeing some articles stating that performance wise the standard sport version versus the NISMO is roughly equal even with the bumped engine. That being the case, wouldn't getting all the comforts of the Touring/Nav etc make more sense? I def like the look of the NISMO but you could always go aftermarket on that stuff. So, I wanted to see what actual NISMO owners think, was sacrificing that stuff worth it?

Second question....what would you buy and your pros and cons
1) NISMO (2011) est 40k
2) BMW 1-Series "M" (2012) est 45k+
3) EVO MR (2011) est 40k
4) Camaro 2SS (2011) est 35-40k

I am planning on buying in 18 months and have 40kish to work with..I'm just curious as to what made your final decision the NISMO
I appreciate the feedback!

If you are looking at saving a little pick up a used '09 or '10 Nismo. I wouldn't have my Z any other way. The only other cars I would floss in your group is the EVO, and the two cars are worlds apart.
Joseph B is offline   Reply With Quote