View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149
Default Top Speed Exhaust Review

Well its one more thread but this one is mostly just to review it on the first page for anyone else who would like to take a look at the exhaust. First off, I have the y-pipe with it which you can get as well and I would definitely recommend you getting both the y-pipe and the top speed exhaust together. (Still cheaper than every other exhaust option)

First off, I picked mine up from this guy off ebay. 370z items - Get great deals on Exhausts Headers Manifolds DP items on eBay Stores! Seems like a really good guy. Had good communication when I needed to make sure it shipped at a certain date to arrive at a certain date.

Review!
I personally love the exhaust tone. Sounded great, not loud, no resonance in the cabin.
Its extremely cost effective compared to the other exhausts out there and while I love the tone, some may not, thats personal opinion.
By judgement from the butt dyno it did make a difference in the power. Also by a proper dyno! (talked about later)

Here are two videos and some pictures.

My 2009 PW Sports / Touring with Stillen Gen 3, Top Speed Exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOkXRp0gTxg

My 2009 PW Sports / Touring with Top Speed Exhaust only (the video caption is wrong)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgmvsK7osTI

Okay so some people have said its trash, that the single pipe won't make power etc etc yaddy yadda. Ive seen other single exhaust setups do well with power and no one questions them. I guess when the price tag is up in the thousands people automatically stop thinking with their brain (or when its less than 500) Essentially it does make power.

Red line = Top Speed Exhaust. Blue Line = Stillen Gen III

So there you have a direct comparison between the Top Speed Exhaust vs a Stillen Gen III intake system. Dyno's were taken on the same day in the same awfully hot weather conditions.

As has been discussed in a different thread, the baseline for each car were the same as well when they were done on the same day also.

So its cheap, it makes power, it sounds good (to me). The verdict? Its definitely worth it... for most.

There are some people who are not happy with the exhaust until they spend alot of money on it. Money = quality to these people and while I don't agree, I don't have to agree. I like the tone, some may want something louder, more agressive etc. Some wont be happy till the tips are bigger, blue, stick out more etc for looks.

Just take it for what it is. You like it or you don't but by a purely statistical value, its easily worth it. and from my personal POV, I think its really good.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote