View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Highwind
Base Member

Drives: Pearl White 370z
Highwind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elia Cid View Post
Hi folks,

I was waiting very excitedly today for my Stillen CBE. It arrived in a large box weighing around 87.4 lbs.

As you can see in the photos I took, the parts were very well packed; the box was not damaged; everything looks good so far. My only concern at this point was to unpack it so that I can photograph it, then see if I could load it up in the “Z” to take to the dealers for installation. With the original box it would never fit in the car.

My initial response looking at the Stillen exhausts parts closely was that this is a no frills, no nonsense, tough built exhaust; built for performance and gains, rather than on appearances and aesthetics. The exhaust sits high beneath the car, which I prefer; I don’t want to worry about low driveways, potholes or road kill. This is critical in my neck of the woods.

Yes, it's heavy. That being said, t’s a good type of heavy that looks and feels solid; built like a tank. The impression this exhaust gives is that if you’re going to put the pedal to the metal track, drag or any other serious type of driving, this exhaust will take it and more. It looks like it’s built to be driven hard!

If you like a low slung exhaust with a lot of spit and polish to pimp around L.A. type of cruising in your chick magnet, this exhaust IMO is not for you! “lol”

My biggest grip with this setup was the three slip joints and the poor quality instructions!

Now let’s see if it sounds, and preforms as solid as it looks.

One last thing, I could have purchased any of the beautiful exhaust system out there, but as I listen to each sound clip I could get my hands on, I always came back to Stillen's CBE!

Hope you enjoy the pictures; I'll try to have a sound clip after the install,
Alex

P.S. That’s my baby “Orpheus” PA, vanity plates on the way, with the trophies she’s already won.
After looking at the pictures. The quality of the pipes and welds seem questionable. Im actually comparing the finished product to other brands like Greddy, HKS, Invidia ,ARK, and Berk. These companies all claim that they use T304SS but their finished products are all different.
Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote