View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
drum1972
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z M6
drum1972 is on a distinguished road

Yes I did. I just had the muffler shop remove the muffler but I kept the tips/flanges and had them run two pipes.

I think it sounds really good but I'm not sure it's too loud compared to what some people say. What is loud to some, may not be loud to others.

In Texas, I've pulled up to cops at lights and never got one look from them (of course I wasn't going full throttle but I've got it up in the 3500-4000 RPM range, which sound really good). However, I'm not sure what the cops/laws are like in SoCal though. My wife has taken several road trips with me and has not complained once - which is strange, she usually can't stand loud cars.

What I would suggest since the laws may be more stringent there is to have some custom pipes built with new flanges and tips. That way, you can remove the stock muffler and throw those on there and then for inspections, you can put the stock muffler back on there.

As others have mentioned, there is some droning but I actually like that. I don't plan on doing any mods for my car so I just wanted to give it some "umphhh" in the sound department since the stock exhaust is so damn quiet!
drum1972 is offline   Reply With Quote