View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
370z2k10
Base Member

Drives: '13 Z Gun Metallic
370z2k10 is on a distinguished road

When me and my wife bought our cars last month my wife came home and proceeded to change over our insurance information online, we had Progressive at the time. After she switched the information it quoted her an almost $600 increase for our 6 month policy.

Needless to say she FREAKED! I had two 350z's previously and traded in my last 350 for the 370. (she traded in for an Altima) There's no reason why our insurance should increase that much, nothing else changed, no accidents, tickets etc. In the past when we have purchased new vehicles our rates went down. What's so different about an Altima or 370z? It's not like we traded in for GTR's.

She started entering all of our information in other insurance sites online, Geico, Allstate, etc. and was quoted similar high rates for each company.

This is where she really Freaked!

Then she started calling and the quotes after she called came in LOWER than what our current rates are. We ended up switching to Allstate with increased coverage and it was cheaper (~$180 less for a 6 month policy [~$30 per month] ) than what we were paying for our previous vehicles with Progressive.

I'd recommend calling around, don't use the online quotes. It paid off for us.

Good luck!
370z2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote