View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
mattjk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z K51 09 Elise
mattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfscoll View Post
There's a big difference between repairing steel (Corolla) and aluminum (Z). Aluminum can crack very easily when cold-worked; some PDR places won't even touch it. I wonder how your dent repair guy feels about working with aluminum body panels...evidently it takes a lot of skill to do it right.
My Wife had a 2006 WRX, the last gen before they went to steel hoods. Anyhow, a big chunk of semi truck tire hit the front of the hood, right on the edge and made a very sharp dent and crease in the aluminum hood.

Ed spent a good 15 mins on it, and I could not tell it was ever dented after he was finished! This guy is the best I've seen.
mattjk is offline   Reply With Quote