View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Chris_1
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Roadster
Chris_1 has a spectacular aura aboutChris_1 has a spectacular aura aboutChris_1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_student View Post
Wow excuse me. My bad for being "sorely mistaken."

I said I hope these wheels are monoblok aka 1 piece wheels or if they are 3 piece that they would hide the bolts behind the wheel because bolts are ugly imo. The only reason I mentioned HRE was because of the similar mesh design(p40) that they seem to be using. The only other company that makes that design is avant garde...who are they? And also VMR. I think Vossen is at least a step above them in quality but that's just my opinion.

In no way was I comparing the quality or performance between HRE or Vossen. HRE are top notch. But whatever, just keep laughing because apparently I'm just all wrong about wheels.
Not to get in a p... war here, but in a sense lemans was right and you are a little bit off. Right now by what you said though, seems like you are what we call a "brand whore", not saying anything bad. Its like the guy that wont buy or admit Hyundai is actually making good cars now, b/c they arent a lexus or Nissan.

You say Avant Garde, who are they, but who is Vossen? THey both make a cast wheel, and what you need to do is see the certifications and pressure tests, to really shoot your theory. Just b/c the brand is not known, does not mean its a good company. History is important, but everyone started somewhere, and Avant and Vossen are both making great products. You should not be scared to try something new, just b/c their name isnt big. Sometimes its better to deal with the little guy, b/c more likely then most, the customer service is always more personal and one on one. That is my 2 cents, and I apologize for derailing the thread. I just dont like when people shoot down new brands, b/c THEY havent heard of them.
Chris_1 is offline   Reply With Quote