View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nubz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 PG 370Z A7
Nubz is on a distinguished road

I installed mine yesterday and it took me about the same amount of time....and with a lunch break. If I had to do it again, it would probably take me only 2 hours to install it. I put six quarts of oil in and it looks like thats all it needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwebs View Post
So I got the Stillen oil cooler and needless to say was rather nervous about installing it since if something went wrong I was super screwed. Long story short, all the instructions they provide seem to not make a lot of sense. Moving the PS cooler?? (I know why but it makes it such a bigger task then it needs to be)...anyways, you basically do an oil change and in between pull of the front bumper, screw on the adapter, hook up two hoses, cut a hole, plug them in, then mount the bracket. It took me about 4-5 hours to do, with a lunch break and some hanging out with my friends that were helping me, and all in all I feel like I could probably do it in about 2 hours if had to do it again. The only things missing from the kit (if you don't want to move the steering cooler) are two bolts and nuts and the right drill bit for the mounting bracket. This being said, were I to do it again I would also do the scratch built oil cooler since I basically paid about $150 for that stupid bracket, thought it did make it significantly easier I might add, plus all the hoses and things are of seemingly high quality.

I have basically no prior mechanical experience when it comes to cars, and this was probably my first major surgery. I am pretty mechanically inclined so I wasn't too scared in my ability, but my experience is not on cars directly. Anyways a pretty easy thing to tackle, and I had a lot of fun doing it. Great feeling too when I saw it working!!
Nubz is offline   Reply With Quote