Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #179 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KusoSama View Post
I think it's a combination of the VDC and the ECU's programmed throttle response thresholds based on current RPM.

I'd be interested to know if the SB actually does anything beneficial.
The stock pedal sends a voltage of 0 to 5V to the ECU to let the ECU know the pedal position, the voltage change is linear but the ECU can react to this voltage anyway it likes. The SprintBooster simply increases the voltage coming from the pedal such that you reach full voltage more quickly, i.e. you are shorting the pedal travel because the 3/4 pedal position is now WOT. You can do the same exact thing inside the ECU, so I say don't waste money on this just buy an UpRev license and do much more.