View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Westwood
Track Member

Drives: C63 AMG
Westwood will become famous soon enough
Arrow Sprint Booster review for 370z 7 speed AT

Hey guys here it is... first let me just say im french so im english is not perfect so pleaaase dont flame me

i got the Sprint Booster installed today and wasn't expecting much to be honest. the install was a breeze, had to remove the pedal assembly but real easy stuff. take a small screwdriver and remove the little plastic cap so you can access the 2 10mm bolts at the bottom of the pedal and voila. Now I was surprised when i pushed on the pedal and got instant power my wheels started spinning even with the vdc on, normally it barely spins with the vdc on

The pedal response is definitely quicker. i can say it did cut the 1sec response when you smash the pedal in half if not more. I tried it in Auto and manual and tested every gear in manual mode. didn't really do nothing in 5-6-7 but 1-4 was very primed in low rpm's and im very happy with the results. btw it does not add hp or nothing its just throttle response but you do launch faster and rev quicker thats no bullsh*t.

Note that i tested this baby on race mode (red light shown in picture) and green light is like bmw's sport mode, and gray no light its deactivated. to turn the SB on you simply click on the led and your good to go. 1. off 2. green/sport 3. red/race

The pedal is more sensitive on race mode but after 5 min driving around i got it. i wouldn't recommend letting your GF or BF drive your Z on race mode because it does feel like the Z is really alive and wants to go crazy lol

So after driving around burning rubber unintentionally i realized that wtf Nissan didn't give us a sport button for the real enthusiast drivers? anyway i got this gadget for the week end if i find its garbage he told me bring it back monday for a refund. but im keeping it...

paid 350$CAD installed. i know it might be expensive for some but you gotta pay to play

Results:
At low revs, the engine responds at approximately half the time in comparison to before.
The delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mid-range, is almost zero.
Big differences in the higher rev range.
Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking.

Mods: Stillen G3 | Stillen lightweight crank pulley | Berk hfc's | Top speed pro 1 CBE | Jic Magic y pipe | 20" Vossen 9.5/10.5 | Megan Coilovers | Smoked JDM tail lights | Blacked out headlights | Sprint booster | Shine Auto CF Front/Rear lip kit | Evor R CF Side blades,CF fang cover,CF Nose Audio: Kenwood Excelon DNX9960 | JL 1000w | JL 12W6v2

Last edited by Westwood; 09-17-2010 at 10:03 AM.