View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
$175 for wax is a little much don't you think. To each his own I suppose.
Very much so. I never said I pay full price for it.

From a detailers perspective, it would be a good investment when detailing higher end cars. When you detail $60k+ cars the owners somehow sleep better knowing you used a "high quality" wax on their car. I have a ridiculous collection of different waxes in my arsenal and can honestly say that those 2 are by far my favorite to use in terms of longevity and quality.

Although, if you know the right places to look, you can find basically the same products (in general) for cheaper. There's a lot of work on the inside of dealing automotive car products people just don't know. For waxs and polishes, I will just let some of you in on a little secret; about 60-80% of the products you see on online stores are just reformulated (ie.- different colors, scent, etc) and rebottled products all purchased from the same supplier. Some places will charge more, some less. I've seen many people compare brand X (cheaper) to brand Y (more expensive) and will trick themselves into thinking one is better than the other because it was more money.

When it comes to products, find something you like and stick with it.

Last edited by gaveup; 09-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote