Thread: Hello, Im new!!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zeze
Base Member

Drives: 07 BMW 335i TiAg M6
Zeze is on a distinguished road
Default Hello, Im new!!

Hello!!

My name is Will. I am 24, and I live in New York-Westchester County (20min above the city). I just got my new '10 black 370Z Sport 6M last Saturday. Very happy about it. I haven't had a chance to nearly beast mine yet since I'm trying to break it in, certainly requires a lot of patience... Though I did get to beast the dealer test car a little bit since I had to be convinced, and without getting too detailed, the first impression was good, better than 135i IMO.

Couple things I wanted to ask you guys though:

My engine, trans, and clutch feel a little rough and loud. For example, the trans gears sound sort of like straight-cut gears. (I mean, not THAT much. Just a little bit, and not as much whining sound as the reverse.) I was just wondering if this is normal for a 370Z, as it might be like a "raw" character this car may have. If so, I like it, a lot. I just wanted to double check and make sure, and stay away from ignorantly destroying a potentially defective car. (My car before this was a Toyota Matrix for 6 years, haha.)

Next, during pick-up last Sat, I noticed a couple of scrapes and chips on the trunk hatch and the spoiler. Not that big, but noticeable from a couple yards away (especially since it's black). I talked to the manager and have scheduled a re-paint of the hatch for free. Now, do I want to do this? As much as I want an impeccably clean paint and finish on the car, I do NOT want some body shop to do a half-a** job and have the color not match perfectly, or put a little less layers of paint and/or clear coats to be able to tell the difference. Or potentially in the long run, the paint might crack or peel, or maybe even when I sell it down the road, someone'll inspect it and say the hatch has been repainted and the resale value goes down...

I donno, maybe I'm being a little too anal, but I'm almost feeling it might be better off just touching it up and leaving the orig factory paint. Would this lead to potential potential rust spots? Should I ask the manager for some money back?

Overall, I'm very excited to start my "journey" with this fantastic car. I'm probably gonna ask a lot of questions in the future for everyone's expertise knowledge as this will be a very valuable learning experience for me, so please bear with me I really appreciate it, and it's truly my privilege to join you guys on the forum and the Z community!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0190.jpg (459.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0189.jpg (408.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0183.jpg (371.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0184.jpg (393.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0186.jpg (392.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0187.jpg (379.1 KB, 21 views)
Zeze is offline   Reply With Quote