View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #676 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1985912 View Post
The reason you want to switch back to the stock cat is it because too much air flow and not be able to hold boost? Because I am interested in the SC kit, but I'm running test pipes too, I don't know if my exhaust set up right now is the best for the SC kit. You think switch to HFC will work?
If you reall want to approach it that way, try it with the cats first, dyno it, look at your boost, then put the stock cats back on, dyno it and look at boost again. You'll find that with the cats, you make more hp with less boost. Put the more restrictive cats on and boost pressure goes up, but make less hp. Correct me if I'm wrong, but more power at less psi boost is better/safer.