View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #124 (permalink)
Rui Z
Track Member

Drives: 8====D
Rui Z has a spectacular aura aboutRui Z has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjk View Post
the point of these, and by the name, is that they are "DAY TIME" running lights. Not dusk time. SMD type LED's just aren't large or bright enough. I guess I would have to see them in person, but from the pics, it looks like $14 pepboys lights, not $100 piece of kit.

If Christian370z is happy with them, that's all that matters.

If I were to do something like this, I'd want them to be functional, like Audi. Those are super bright in full daylight.

I want them to blind people.
During the day, our Xenon lights are actually pathetic. If you stand in front of the car with your headlights on during the day, you can barely tell they are on. They look exactly like how they look in PontualZ's headlight picture. Since the LED's look to be about the same brightness as the headlights in the picture, I made the assumption that it's just as unnoticeable as having the headlights on during the day. Maybe I'm wrong, but even Pontual stated that it's hard to see during the day. If your intention is for night time lights then they probably look good. But for alot of us who want it as a DRL, they look like a fail. Let us know otherwise Christian.