View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
persian54
Base Member

Drives: BMW e93 335i
persian54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
The wouldn't call the 335i boring based on its driving dynamics. It's just too utilatarian and it seems like every spoiled housewife or wannabe Jersey Shore look a like, on Long Island anyways, drives one. Your ride might be an exception, but you shouldn't have to modify a car for it to be significant. Comparing modded cars with stock is pointless for the purpose of this thread.

Comparing the Z to the 335I seems fair to me:

Also, badges are cheap and meaningless
Car Chrome Logo HOOD BMW 3 5 7 Series M Badge Emblem DM: eBay Motors (item 270627763624 end time Sep-26-10 19:43:54 PDT)
Haha i like that pic

Well, stock 335i is by no means 'bad'
But remember that the OP said he raced a 335i with bolt ons.. so modding was relevant to the discussion at hand.

You're right when you say you shouldn't need to modify a car.

The main reason I was unhappy with the 335i stock is because prior to it I had a 996 Turbo.
They're completely difference cars
I wanted a more modern, and specifically a hard top vert, so i got the 335i.

The Z... for the little bit that I have driven it... seems to satisfy my urges enough for the next year or so (I tend to change cars every 18 months, on avg)
I say I won't mod it now... that's what I said with the 335i... but who knows.

People are saying you need an oil cooler to track it well... just like how on the 335i, people said a FMIC would be great.

Guess many cars, be it a sports car, a sport luxury car, or whatever, when being pushed on the track, need to modified.

Though it seems the GTR doesn't... but the after track costs are high...

Anywayyysss

Stock vs stock, a 335i and Z seem to be pretty even on a straight (with the slight advantage to the 335i due to the massive tq at such a low rpm)

A Z feels like it handles better (haven't driven it enough to give a valid answer)

Both are great cars... but they are different... a 335i is more comfortable and roomy... the Z is more of a true sports car and is a deal cheaper.
A loaded Z costs 42k, a base 335i is 44k. but a loaded 335i is about 53k (09 prices, not sure on the new 11s much)

If I could afford it, I'd take a Nismo for the track, and a 335i as a DD.
but that's just my .02....

Last edited by persian54; 09-02-2010 at 04:11 PM.