View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzmisl View Post
Do Z's have that big plastic panel covering the underside of the engine for aero purposes?

On the G, there are something like 12 screws + 4 clips holding the thing together. The last time my dad's G went to the dealer, they didn't put them all back. . .
This is not uncommon. Most techs are paid by the job so the quicker they do it the more money they can make. I have 2 brothers that are Techs (Not Nissan techs though). They try very hard to complete jobs as quickly as possible. Unfortunately speed has a tendency to negatively affect quality.

Plus, you can forget about them using a torque wrench. I don't care what a shop or dealer tells you. They rarely use them.