View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP - Chris_B View Post
Once you have a handle on rotor temps, pad selection will become a bit easier. It does sound like you might be right on the upper edge of the envelope with the DS3000's (MOT = 1200°F). This is the lowest temp track pad from Ferodo which is suitable for some tracks, but not those with several heavy braking zones and a skilled driver.
Stillen was out of temp paint so I'm not sure what I was hitting exactly. I do know that the rotors were still at 600°F in the pits after a cool down lap and a long drive through the pits, not sure how quickly they cool down.

I will have the temp paint and some different pads to try for the next event. I'm just hoping that the rotor ring is still serviceable as it doesn't have a ton of heavy track miles on it yet. The brakes always had a rock solid feel even when I was getting front pad fade in the extended sessions. Given that this was open track some drivers with prepped cars were staying out for up to 90 minutes, I never exceed 25-30 at a time. I also boiled over the power steering fluid despite the Stillen PS cooler, but that was my fault for filling to max instead of min.