Thread: Rocky road...
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Caravanshaka
I shake Caravans

Drives: everyone crazy
Caravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond repute

wow, you went a month without chips? I have enough road construction in my area I am lucky to get it home without getting rock chips. I bought mine a week ago today, and had scheduled an appointment asap for this saturday to get the protective film installed.

So last night I wash the car before garaging it so it was clean for the install tomorrow, and already find 2 tiny rock chips on the front bumper. I'm upset, but nothing I can do about it so I get in the car this morning to drive the 30 miles to the recommended installer to leave my car there for a few hours to get the film installed. I didn't drive behind any trucks, and tried to keep my distance behind other cars on the drive there for safety. I get to the installer and we both breifly look at the front and found 3 new rock chips in that 30 miles!!!

Luckily he was able to minimize their appearance with a little buffing and cleaning up around them, but now they are protected under my film =/

$600 well worth the investment to protect the front end....my 350z looked like it was peppered with a 12 guage about 15 times with little rocks in the shells by the time I traded it in....
Caravanshaka is offline   Reply With Quote