View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

just want to add that 265 285 still plows like my prius. i dont see how your car with 245 fronts can even turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by import111 View Post
Replacing my front tires sometime in the next month and I am having a hard time deciding which tires to get. I track my car about 4 times a year and drive very aggressively on the street, which is why I am choosing between NT05's, RE11's and AD08's. I was originally going to go 265/35/19 RE11's up front but I don't want to spend that much $ and I don't need to be that much more tail happy than I am already, so I think sticking with 245's up front will be good.

#1 priority to me is handling. I want to be as fast around the race track as I can. Some say NT05's are slow, some say they are fast...very confusing findings on these tires (I am running them in the rear stock size and they seem great back there to me).

#2 priority is a toss up between price and longevity, which I guess are related. NT05's are cheapest, but they start with 7/32 of tread...but my NT05's on my rears seem to be holding up just fine. AD08's are the costliest, but also have the widest tread width, and I hear they have very stiff sidewalls which I like...and I hear the RE11 has pretty soft sidewalls, which I don't like...and the RE11 is the narrowest of the 3.

Road noise and comfort do not matter to me at all. Wet traction doesn't matter much to me either, though I would put wet traction above noise and comfort.

So what should I get? Which tire will get me around the track the quickest while lasting a decent amount of time?
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote