View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sharif@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 GT-R, 2010 370Z
Sharif@Forged will become famous soon enough
Default Bridgestone RE11: After 12K Miles, theUndisputed KING of street tires. Review inside

Ryan@Forged and I have been preaching the greatness of the Bridgestone RE11 almost from the moment the tires were released. Based on the370z.com best tire pole, many of you agree.

I wanted to share you with my direct experience with the tire after 12,000 miles of street use, and 3 full track weekends on this tire. In addition to daily driving my Nismo 370Z, I also did a weekend at Sebring, and two weekends at Road Atlanta with the car. The only mods to the car are wheels, tires, Tein Mono Flex Coilovers, and a Stop Tech Trophy BBK. Everything else is stock.

Keeping in mind, my front camber is at -2.7 since I don't have adjustable arms on the car, the tire wear after all those miles is unbelievable. There is a hint of inside tread wear due to the camber, but the rest of the tire barely looks worn. With camber dialed in to spec, I would expect an easy 20K+ miles out of these tires. The rears look terrific as well.

From a track performance standpoint, the RE11 back to back with the R Compound Toyo R888 at Sebring, was only 1.2 seconds slower than the sticky R888. In addition to the same day test on the 370Z, we also did a same day test on a customer's GT-R and discovered the RE11 on the GT-R was also just 1.5 to 1.8 seconds slower than the Toyo R888 R Compound tire.

I've also had a chance to do some casual wet weather testing of the tire, and even 1-2 inches of standing water, and a torrential downpour doesn't disrupt the straight line stability of the RE11.

It's very rare to experience a tire that can "do it all". But this one does.

1) Awesome dry traction under breaking, cornering and acceleration: Near R compound levels of grip
2) Outstanding wet weather stability and control
3) Superior tread wear rates
4) Priced inline with most Ultra Performance Street Tires.

I think this makes the Bridgestone RE11 the tire of choice!

Cobb ProTuner, Uprev ECU Flash, FCON Vpro, Haltech, Motec Certified
Sharif@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote