View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #47 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

My Z was corner balanced while I was in Seattle. I wanted an aggressive street set-up, but the technician told me the front stock parts did not allow for camber or caster adjustments. The rear camber was maxed out (or should it be "min-ed out") at -2.4. So I decided to get SPC front and rear camber kits from Stillen. Had the kits installed and alignment done the following week. My new alignment settings are:

Camber/toe:
Front: -2.2/toe neutral
Rear: -2.0/toe in 0.15

Turn in is much sharper. The car feels good on its new suspension. Took it to the track on Monday but it was hard to tell how much of a difference there was in handling for a few reasons: 1) it was cold (about 10 degrees C) and had rained just prior to the time attack event, so the track conditions weren't ideal, and tire grip was reduced, 2) I was slowing down quite a bit earlier on the corners as I had just changed to SS brakelines and went with DOT 4 brake fluid...I bled the brakes myself (newbie) and wanted to be cautious until I knew the brakes were working fine, 3) I was not used to the car's new driving characteristics on the track...wasn't sure how much feedback/warning it would give me at the limits (also given poor track conditions and cold temps). However, I definitely noticed a further reduction in body roll, as well as reduced pitching with acceleration and braking...not that the stock suspension had a lot of that to begin with.

Sorry, no new track pics, but I have a new video of one of the track runs.

YouTube - 370Z Stratotech Time Attack 4 - Aug 30, 2010

Still need to improve my racing line. I notice I'm having some difficulty judging how close I'm getting to the edge of the track...could definitely get closer especially on the passenger side.