View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
Master_Ly
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport
Master_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayYoon View Post
If you read the manual for the radars. It says something like it needs to be at exact centered from your windshields (top to bottom and left to right) to get full radar detections. I believe cop radars are only illegal in two states, and i am pretty confident new york was on the list. Those states were i think Virgina and Maryland?! not too sure. I've also had this cop radar for 2 years and never been pulled over because of the radar being on the windshield. Hope this helps a little.
I hate to revive an old thread but I came across this thread that was helpful to me in my research on radar detectors and I wanted to add some thoughts as well in response to the above and the concern to whether or not the radar detector should be removed when you get pulled over. According to what I'm reading on crutchfield.com, they don't ship to VA and DC so I'm assuming those are the only states radar detectors are illegal. For example, see the bottom of this: Whistler XTR-695SE Radar detector at Crutchfield.com.
Master_Ly is offline   Reply With Quote