View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm ..... the GT lip is angled up in the centre to avoid scraping the leading edge of the lip as you drive the car through a gutter .... the SR style lip is styled after a race-inspired "splitter" where the lower edge of the lip protrudes a long way forward (just like the "splitter" on road-race car. The GT lip is angled up for what looks like 2/3rds of the width of the car to stop the lip being ground-away by the tarmac as you drive thru a gutter/driveway I think.

It is really difficult to tell from the photo's but I reckon that anyone fitting a NS style lip is going to have problems with steep driveways and so on.

The GT style might be a better option but IMHO it looks "naff". For an explanation of the acronym, please go to

acronyms finder dictionary and abreviations finder dictionary - acronyms and abreviations list, definitions and funny acronyms from medical, military, army, training, business, internet, and emails.

and look at NAAFI where you will fiond the term used .... it is peculiar to the UK Armed Services and denotes "not", "nothing", "sub-standard", "less than useful" etc.

When I need a laugh, I often refer to the businessballs site ... lots of interesting acronyms hiding in it ... be interested in hearing whether the humour transports to demographic represented on this forum .... me being a dinosaur of advanced age and all !!!! The one I like best is WOFTAM ...... very descriptive

Last edited by BGTV8; 09-01-2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Still cannot type
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote